I have to apologize for that dreadfully long blogging hiatus I’ve taken. To be fair, I’ve really missed blogging. I miss the process of drafting and publishing, and checking out my first ‘Like’ and ‘Follow’ which led me to stalk your awesome blogs and keep myself inspired.
Should I introduce myself again? Maybe I should…It’s been months, after all!
Hi, I’m Evie. My real name’s Genevieve, but I seem comfortable with Evie since it’s a syllable shorter than the real name. I turned 22 in August, and my celebration was null. If you’ve yet to turn 22, don’t bother celebrating your 22nd birthday.Instead, celebrate your last day as a 21-year old with a bang. No, don’t get into trouble.
I recently found myself a job that I am in love with. I left my job as a copywriter and now write for a Malaysian women’s lifestyle portal, Lipstiq.com. Yes, I’m officially a writer and I have blogging to thank! If you wanted to make money out of blogging, get that outta yo head! The right way of saying is “building a career out of blogging”. Now, I don’t want to sound preachy, so instead, I’m presenting an itty bitty Instagram collage of the things I’ve been up to during my social hiatus.
I’ve been wicked tired lately, so much that I can’t even be bothered to put on any pants. And oh, I’m single and back on the market. I found myself back on OkCupid again, and it’s also where I met my ex-boyfriend, Kevin. Life is sad, sometimes.
1. Submarine’s an awesome film to watch when you’re heartbroken.
2. First day at the new work place!
3. Delightful invitations – Opening of the first H&M store in Malaysia!
4. Got as close as I could to Prince William. <3
5. First look at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Oh lala!
6. Interviewing British boy band, The Wanted. They were such sweethearts!
7. Met Malaysian indie sweetheart, Yuna.
8. Mystery Jets Live in KL. First gig in ages!
9. Drinking classy mineral water, because I apparently needed proof.
10. First dibs on H&M in Malaysia
11. Best breakfast I ever had in weeks. Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon and Hollandaise sauce.
12. Meet my new friend! He needs someone to adopt him by the way!
13. Post-Margarita Bailey-infused Brownies. Absolute class.
14. Someone’s got legs!
15. iTunes Playlist Redux.
16. Fantastic show by British indie outfit, Spector.
17. Interviewed Rockapella Finnish rock-gods, FORK.
18. I finally put something in my piercing that was absent for 5 years.
In the meantime, due to a hectic schedule, I’ll do my very best to blog every weekend. I miss you all so much!